Common Agriculture Practices
- The whole family works on the farm.
- Most of the work is done manually.
- The farms are small.
- Traditional methods of farming are followed.
- Yield is not very high.
- Most of the yield is consumed by the family with very little surplus for the family.
A farmer performs following eight major steps from crop selection to harvesting:
- Crop Selection
- Land Preparation
- Seed Selection
- Seed Sowing
- Crop Growth
- Small and fragmented land-holdings
- Seeds selection
- Manures, Fertilizers and Biocides
- Irrigation system
- Lack of mechanisation
- Soil erosion
- Agricultural Marketing
- Inadequate storage facilities
Steps Toward Precision Agriculture
- Large fields are managed as group of small fields.
- Reduces the misapplication of products and increases crop and farm efficiency.
- practices to apply nutrients, water, seed, and other agricultural inputs to grow more crops in a wide range of soil environments
- help farmers know how much and when to apply these inputs.
What is Precision Agriculture
- Precision agriculture (PA) is an approach to farm management that uses information technology (IT) to ensure that the crops and soil receive exactly what they need for optimum health and productivity.
- Refers to the application of precise and correct amounts of inputs like water, fertilisers, pesticides etc. at the correct time to the crop for increasing its productivity and maximising its yields
- The goal of PA is to ensure profitability, sustainability and protection of the environment.
Different Approach For Precision Agriculture
fertigation, irrigation and crop protection.
- The right amount of nutrients – FERTILISATION, During their growth phase.
- Adequate protection from pests and diseases – CROP PROTECTION / SPRAYING
- The right amounts of water – IRRIGATION
In all three areas, precision farming solutions help farmers to produce more with less.
FLOW-DAC is a AI Enabled IOT solutions for Smart irrigation and fertigation. This system helps farmer to best quality & enormous production of harvest.
We manufacture this product as a Make In India mission
With the help of Flow-Dac we can measure & control exact quantities of irrigation and fertilizer which require for crop as per their soil and water condition.