Why do we need it?
Energy Monitor helps you to get aware of the energy which you are consuming daily. You can have a better idea of how much you are spending on energy. Because energy monitors also display your energy use in teams of numbers. Some energy monitors also let you know your monthly energy budget so you can see, day-by-day.
Features of Energy Monitoring
Real-time monitoring: real-time energy monitoring helps you with the key energy data at the moment on a 24-hour time delay. This makes it easier to pinpoint the loss of energy sources and areas for improvement.
- Historical data: Historical data also plays a major role in the energy management system. It allows us to compare your current energy consumption to previous years, visualize energy trends, and diagnose of past problems.
- Power quality analysis: Power outages cost companies billions of dollars of lost revenue every year and damaged equipment. An Energy Management System which integrates power quality analysis can help us know the energy problems before they occur.
- Meter-software integration: There are two parts to any EMS: Hardware (meters and instruments) and software (computer applications). Ideally, you want these two components to interact as seamlessly as possible with minimal user involvement.
- Customized reporting: When it comes to the energy analysis reports, there is no “one size fits all”. The certain piece of information may be valuable to one employee, but useless to another. Customized reporting will allow you to quickly put the main information in the hands of those who need it.
- Automated billing: If you are a utility supplier, billing can be a riskful task. Many companies can’t handle their billing operations; a move that can cost tens of thousands of dollars per year. Some energy management software, such as Energy Reporter EXT, comes fully-equipped with automated billing capabilities to make your life easy and it’s affordable too.
- Alerts: Not even one technology is perfect, that’s why forward-thinking energy management systems have been built to alert you of any problems in the system. Energy Management System software will automatically notify you of missing data or connection failures, for example. Even more important are energy alerts. An advanced EMS will use this same alert system in order with the specialized algorithms to automatically detect energy drifts and alert human monitors towards that problem. This takes the pressure off your building management staff and improves your reactivity – the sooner you know about the problem, the sooner you can fix it.
How do they work?
Energy Monitor is the best and easy way to take control of your bills. Just pop into the energy monitor device for some information about your energy usage, and tell us how much you’d like to save on your energy bills. Then, we’ll keep a close eye on the energy market, and when we spot a deal that could save you the amount you’ve specified, we’ll email you forward to let you know about that. You can then decide whether to switch or not. We’ll also let you know when you’re on the best deal already, and there aren’t any tariffs out there that could cut your bills by the amount you’ve chosen. In that way, you can relax, knowing you’re not paying over the odds.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- What type of appliances is energy efficient?
Ans. Energy-efficient appliances consume much lesser electricity and provide the same or enhanced functionality by using smart components and most advanced energy consumption methods.
2. What is CO2 emission?
Ans. The electrical appliance uses electricity, this electricity is produced by burning of fuel, hence the usage of electricity unit (KWH) corresponds to a certain amount of CO2 emission, which can be reduced if we use energy-efficient appliances.
3. What is the Benefit of Monitoring Electrical Energy?
Ans. Monitoring of electrical energy enables a consumer to keep an eye on consumption especially appliance level monitoring helps to control the consumption and control the electricity bill.
4. Why is energy storage important?
Ans. Energy storage fundamentally improves the way we generate, deliver, and consume electricity. Energy storage helps during emergencies like power outages from storms, equipment failures, accident or even terrorist attacks. But the game-changing nature of energy storage is its ability to balance power supply and demand instantaneously.
5. Is energy storage clean?
Ans. Yes. Energy storage has no direct emissions. It requires no pipelines. Its system typically requires a minimal footprint. It recycles in electricity. But energy storage will also help cut emissions as it takes more of the load off a traditional generation or allows it to operate more efficiently.
6. Is energy storage technology safe?
Ans. Yes. Energy storage has been a part of our electricity grid since the 1930s. Energy storage makes up approximately 2% of US generation capacity and enjoys a safety record that is similar or better than other electricity generation, distribution, or management methods.