Education Industry Detail
Education, right from the very primitive times, has been undergoing changes and thus it had grown and evolved over the years and is still doing so in the present times. Depending on various factors, the concept of education has been quite under the limelight for a long time now. With a highly progressive surrounding and technology being a major influence, education is extending itself in all its forms and is something which is of immense significance in influencing people’s lives in almost every manner both in a conventional as well as an unconventional way.
We see such changes being brought about in almost every corner of the world but the most eye-catching and talked about the country in this particular aspect in India. This particular country’s educational industry holds a high rank amongst the other leading academically leading countries. The Indian Educational field has provided a wide range of opportunity to almost 29% of the country’s population which is seen to be comprised mainly of the age group ranging between 0-14 years. At the present moment, India’s educational sector is seen to rest at nearly US$ 92 billion. This amount may not take long to reach as close to as a whooping sum of nearly US$ 102 billion in the upcoming years.
India has a striking number of 250 million school students which is currently at a number higher than any other country in any corner of the world. It is also a leading country in providing the most extensive network of institutions dealing with higher education policies and opportunities. Based on a recent calculation, India has outgrown in providing a number as close to 39,060 and 905 in terms of the establishment of colleges and universities respectively. Between the years 2016-18, higher education has been calculated to be being as close to 26.8% as far as the Gross Enrollment Ratio is concerned. During the year 2018 and in the month of December, the number of candidates who had applied for a position in the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) was nearly 3.43 million.
The Education Industry of India is reaching new heights almost every day as a result of more and more private sectors gaining a position in this particular field. The Indian Government is seen to take need measures every now and then to meet the various advanced educational demands of the country and for the vast number of the population trying to enter into the academic area and make a mark of themselves in it. As a result of this, today almost every household in India is trying to save more and more money for educational purposes and to get their dreams fulfilled.
The Indian Educational Sector is making a mark with its wide extension in almost each and every field. Such expansions are taking place in primary as well as higher education. Foreign Schools too are getting inspired by the Indian Educational achievements and are trying to gain an opportunity in the country’s academic field. Various international schools are being set up in which parents are willingly enrolling their child’s name so that an advanced and more promising level of education can be bestowed upon then right from a very early age or rather helping them to build the foundation of their career in the most strong and impactful manner right from the very beginning of their school days.
India has made a significant contribution to the Educational field and this can be seen in the wide range of extensive courses that have been introduced in the academic level of this country and the most popular one being the courses related to technological aspects which have made a tremendous mark among the various new courses that have been introduced. As a result of higher number of doctors and engineers being required today in the modern times, therefore it is automatically leading to a rise in more and more number of medical and engineering colleges with the top-notch facilities and teaching faculty which trains a learner in the most effective and professional manner thereby leading to produce one of the most highly qualified individuals in vary professional areas at the end of the courses. Apart from medical and engineering courses, others which are also gaining a lot of popularity are fields like aeronautics, biotechnology and various others.
Making use of technology in the correct manner, India is now providing its people with a number of E-learning and distance learning courses. These are the fields which also provides the assurance of providing high and professional quality of education for its learners at comparatively lower costs but with equally significant and Well-renowned curriculum like any other regular course studies.
The outgrowth in the Educational field in India has proven itself to be an important prioritizing factor for the Indian Government in various ways. By giving a complete allowance of the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), education has reached new heights and various effective changes have been brought about for the betterment of the educational field in India. One of the major schemes launched by the Government of India in order to make remarkable progress in the Educational field is by introducing the Samagra Siksha Scheme for the sole purpose of bringing changes and improvement in the level of school educational system working in the country. In order to respond and satisfy to the various demands of the upcoming and the more progressive generation, the Indian Government is trying to bring about the New Education Policy into practice as soon as possible so as to make it’s marked in bringing about the ultimate changes and improvement in the academic field of the country in almost every way possible. The Education Industry is thus becoming one of the most significant, effective and more and more popular source of investment for the country and at the same time working in almost every possible manner to reach the position of being the most educationally advanced countries in the world and helping Indians to reach new heights like never before.
Role of IT in Education
Education is one such important aspect which has been playing a major influence on every individual’s life living in any part of the world and right from the very early beginning of human civilization. It has grown and evolved over the ages in a number of ways and is something which is extremely significant and has enough impact on not just human beings but also on the surrounding and the country on any part of the world as a whole. It involves improving the various methods of learning and making the proper use out of them in order to help one to acquire the required amount of knowledge, values, habits and various skills and beliefs. Over time, a number of methods have been introduced along with the introduction of other aspects in improving the academic scenario of various countries all over the world.
In modern times, one such major influential factor of shaping the educational field of a country is the introduction of the concept of IT in education which actually stands for Information Technology. IT has been seen to make a major contribution in the educational field because it not just helps students to attain an outstanding level of understanding and thus improving their learning capabilities but at the same time has helped teachers to cope with various changes in a smooth and active manner so as to improve their skills and methods of teaching delivering their knowledge to the students in the most impactful manner.
When one speaks of the concept of Information Technology in Education, it actually refers to the method adopted and involving the most effective usage of computers to improve the traditional and limited methods of studying so as to automatically help one to make use of whatever he or she has learnt in a practical manner by improving their ability to send, store and ultimately retrieve that piece of information. This is a method which is widely prevalent not only in the organizations revolving around business aspects but also in the educational field in which it has led to outstanding and the most successful results from learners.
Nowadays, one can find various uses of Information Technology used in the field of education and the most effective ones are as follows-
- Having introduced the use of Information Technology in classroom studies, this has automatically led to the withdrawal of those traditional and boring methods of learning which in most cases would not prove itself to be as impactful as the use of Information Technology has done in recent times. Information Technology used in classroom teaching actually means teachers making that much-required effort of educating students with the help of audio and visual programs and presentations which not just succeeds in educating the students about that particular topic but also makes it an interesting learning process and not a boring session. This further helps teachers and learners to interact more in a digitalized classroom which makes teaching and learning an interesting and impactful session respectively.
- The use of Information Technology has helped the educational administrations to keep a proper and calculative record of various aspects like the kind of progress a student is showing to providing the much-required amount of guidance to the students in something which they lag behind. This form of technology used in education has helped one to get rid of the ready methods of teachers trying to keep a track of everything on books and registers which would not just be difficult but also easiest ways of losing some important information or document.
- Nowadays with the upcoming of more and more digitalized classrooms, students are seen to be encouraged more to involve themselves in the method of studying with the help of Digital Books. They are being instructed not just to indulge themselves in the use of Digitalized Books or commonly known as E-books, but also get everything done by using this mode of technology for the submission of their assignments, tests and various other things. Digital Books are becoming extremely popular because of the convenience that it provides one with due to the fact of them extremely portable and at the same time leading to an important way of environmental protection by leading to less deforestation due to less or rather complete stopping of using handwritten books for which paper is required and which can ultimately harm our surroundings due to unnecessary and extreme cutting of trees.
- By adapting to this technologically advanced method of learning and teaching, education has been much more of a flexible and convenient aspect for anyone and everyone living in almost any corner of the world. With the help of the Internet, one can easily avail to such interesting lectures as gone are the days when teaching was restricted only to the traditional classroom method of teaching. With the help of Information Technology in Education, one can study and attend an extremely significant session living in an advanced as well as remote areas as per their own convenience at any time of the day in their own preferred spot and this kind of technological advancement in the field of education has allowed almost anyone irrespective of any age group to acquire knowledge and information in the most desirable and effective manner.
- Another important contribution made by the use of Information Technology in Education is that it has not only made learning as well as teaching an interesting aspect but also helped learners to get rid of their unnecessary stress by helping them to get hold of any required piece of information at any time of the day living in any part of the world with the help of Google or YouTube instead of the primitive method of spending more than half of their days in the libraries in search of that vital information and at most times their hard work and time being wasted. Therefore ever since this particular type of technological improvement has been brought about in the field of education, it has contributed immensely in creating a havoc change in the academic field in various ways and at the same time by influencing both learners as well as teachers to a great extent which has ultimately led to making the student-teacher relation a more interactive and friendly one and also by making the teaching as well as the learning process the most impactful significant and interesting one.
Online Education-A boon for many!!!
Over the past few years, with the Internet dominating the entire world, it has spread its wings to most areas at present. Right from ordering grocery online to online shopping, various bill payments and even booking doctor appointments to name just a few. It has spread to the educational field too with many people opting to improve their knowledge and skills by the use of online education system. So what exactly is this entire online education system all about? Does it have its own benefits or people prefer getting their degrees and certificates by attending full-time colleges and institutes? Let’s see.
What is online education?
Any educational information which is available on the Internet is referred to as online education. This could be in the form of study material related to a particular course, tutorials and videos in order to explain the course content better, exam related question papers and solutions and even certification-related training in some cases. For example, if a person is trying to gain some knowledge related to “Software Testing”. When he tries to search for information related to the same, he can get a lot of information related to it. Right from tutorials to study materials and even some notes related to certifications in software testing. This was a professional course. Even school and college students can gain a lot of information online which is related to their syllabus. For example, if a student of class 9 preparing for his Maths Olympiad needs some question papers for solving, he can do so by downloading “Maths Olympiad papers for class 9” through the net. For many courses, videos are uploaded online by people who are well versed with the course. Videos help in better understanding of the entire course concept.
Online education is available for subjects in other languages too. Example: A person who is not very strong with his Hindi basics can improve his knowledge by reading and learning it online.
Benefits of online education
Now that we know what this online system is all about, let’s take a look at some of its benefits:
- Handy information available with ease: Any information related to any particular course can be searched upon easily. There is absolutely no struggle in getting information pertaining to any subject or course. You type what you need and all the information related to it is readily available.
- Lower cost: There might be many students who are economically backwards and may not be able to attend good colleges as the fees might be unaffordable for them. For such people, online education is definitely a boon where the cost of courses is much lower as compared to attending colleges. Certificates are also provided on time as soon as a course is completed successfully. Also, for students who may need to travel to colleges in faraway places, this system of education will definitely ease the travel costs.
- Easy to understand: The courses are always explained in detail with many documents, tutorials, and videos related to any subject being uploaded by people who are well-versed with the subject. Also, in case of any doubts, the tutorials and videos can be viewed again and again so that the level of understanding improves. This may not be possible in the traditional school/college system where teachers may not repeat or teach a particular chapter multiple times due to time constraints.
- Improvement of skills: Working professionals, women on a career break or for that matter any person interested in a particular skill or course can definitely improve his or her knowledge by taking up many eLearning courses related to the subject. Example: On Udemy, a site where many online pieces of training are available, there are multiple course-related materials and videos. Whichever field is of interest can be mastered upon.
- Can be done any time: Just as people say, there is no limit to learning, in the same manner, there is no particular age when you can stop learning. Online education can be pursued at any point in time in your life. Even when your kids have completed schooling and you feel that you can learn a particular course related to any subject, eLearning is always an option for you.
- Can be done from any place across the world: A person sitting in one country can upload videos and materials related to a course which can be accessed by anyone from anywhere across the globe. Anyone can gain information related to any subject at any place.
- Time-saving: No doubts regarding this that online learning will definitely save a lot of time. All we need is a computer, laptop or even a mobile phone, all of them with a good Internet connection. No need to travel to any institute or college, any information which you may want will be right in front of you!!!
Are people actually opting for online education?
With the benefits listed above, many people may sit behind and wonder whether, in the future, the online education system can challenge the traditional age-old methodology of schooling and college system. Well obviously, we cannot deny the fact that attending school and college is of immense fun and pleasure for which there cannot be any substitute. Also, many people are led to believe that certificates obtained through eLearning modes may not be recognized and appreciated by all. All said and done, the fact remains that the knowledge gained in both the above cases remains almost the same, only the mode of gaining it is different. Of course, there could be many cons to this system too. Learning and at the same time enjoying with teachers and friends is a joy in its own way, and school and college years turn out to be the best years of one’s life. Also, there are many well-known, reputed institutes and universities across the world (example: Harvard University) from where gaining a degree in any field might be having utmost importance in its own way. However, we cannot deny the fact that online training system is surely beneficial and the demand for it will definitely increase in the years to come.
Tablet is a distraction or a new interactive way to learn? Like it or not, the tablet device is invading traditional schools. Forget the backpack stuffed with books. Technology is invasive in the education field at an increasing pace.
Using the tablets nowadays in learning may be an additional integrated learning expertise, and more engaging for the students, It is only with one tap of the finger, The tablets allow the scholars highlight text, They can take the notes in the margin and access a dictionary directly within the book itself. Using the tablets is simple, it will bring a very big change in teaching organization, They will have a positive impact on learning in a number of disciplines, They offer different kinds of knowledge and resources.
The tablets unit of measurement a replacement incentive for learning scientific skills, they are faster in drafting the reports, they are simple digital with many benefits, they have many functions like to view a document, internet connection, the camera, video camera, and word processing. The process has nicely changed from learning on blackboards to learning on interactive whiteboards. Our generation dreamt regarding victimization desktop computers to unravel maths sums, write and draw. The next generation speculated regarding the advantages of getting laptops within the room. This must be sounding weird but it’s true! There is a growing body of analysis on the impact of tablet-based teaching and learning.
The tablets square measure prepared for education as they’re the simplest thanks to showing textbooks, They are can offer enhanced ebooks features images, video, audio, and these elements are impossible to include in print or during a commonplace ebook. The tablets square measure important to the scholars as they improve collaboration, developing IT skills, publishing, sharing and checking out data, creativity, flexibility in terms of area and time, and motivation in their studies.
The academics will realize a novel teaching approach by the tablets, visual quality of teaching material, the teachers can evaluate the students by using IT skills, The tablets are becoming available with low costs particularly for the scholars within the faculties and also the universities.
WAYS TO USE A TABLET IN THE CLASSROOM
Use Educational Apps
There is AN abundance of high-quality instructional apps that your students will use to supplement learning. You can realize everything from maths conversion apps to learning apps.
Using a sort of apps, you can use tablets to quiz students (such as multiple-choice quizzes) and receive instant results.
Teachers can use tablets as a classroom management tool, such as offering game time as a reward. Plus, academics will use timer apps and background level apps for additional room management facilitate.
Tablets will be accustomed to take individual notes and store data. Additionally, you can create a class notetaking page on the cloud where all students can contribute ideas
Presentations and Projects
Posterboard comes square measure a factor of the past. Now, students can have tons of options for creating multimedia projects, comics, books, music, and more on a tablet. These projects can be shared and shown on your Smartboard.
Reading and Listening to Books
E-books are specifically designed for use on tablets, so it makes sense to allow students to use their tablets for reading in the classroom. As tablets have speakers, which allow for easy listening to audiobooks or text-to-speech e-books.
Tablets square measure mobile web devices; so, it’s a transportable analysis tool for the room. Students will analysis topics while not having to depart their desks.
Tablets conjointly build it straightforward to observe videos that square measure relevant to what students’ square measure learning within the room.
In terms of education, the tablet is a fairly priced, mighty computer that enriches training through the use of an intuitive touchscreen and simple controls. The advantages of victimization electronic devices in learning square measure general knowledge. An increasing variety of ancient school rooms consider personal-use tablets as a part of the course of study. Let’s see why it’s thus cool to be a student these days!
Benefits of Tablets in the Classroom
Tablets connect all major users: students, parents, and teachers. Handwritten notes or tasks are often lost in no time, intentionally or accidentally.
As a teacher, you have to address a multitude of learning styles since not all students are equal. Some are slow runners, others are sprinters. Pace differs, interests differ as well. The teacher will use the e-Learning arsenal to beat this barrier and deliver an identical course in numerous ways.
More cost-effective than textbooks
When it comes to writing, in the mid- to long-term perspective, the tablet is, in fact, a really smart investment. If pays off well once you get the burden of supporting obsolete infrastructure off your shoulders. No dust, no worth hikes, no surprises from textbook providers, no storage and damage issues. Full measurability and a light-weight backpack that matches thousands of textbooks in a very single device.
Improving computer skills. Boosting creativity
Like it or not, computers rule the planet, thus it’s important to find out a way to rule computers from grade school. Besides, the convenient pill format encourages creative thinking – draw, compose music or make films with no extra tools required.
Some tech-savvy establishments have already adopted the system wherever students flip in their papers in a very strictly digital format. Paper is no longer an option.
Faster visualization, quicker reporting
The pill could be a nice incentive for cultivating scientific skills. For instance, students can document their field trips right away, be it camping, going to the zoo or a museum. It’s not simply taking the footage, students will create use of interactive maps or facility-specific content accessible on smartphones and tablets.
Apart from the benefits, there are some disadvantages too of using tablets in the education system. Some are listed below:
- Unnecessary distraction. Applies to younger students and grown-ups. It may be hard to focus when you have in your hands a web-enabled device that can efficiently take you thousands of miles away from the classroom.
- Technical limitations. Tablets don’t support multitasking, so several files or windows might be a challenge to lesson integrity. Besides, online security should be taken seriously and needs a master IT force.
- Training and adaptability. Teachers could be unwilling to adapt their plan to a brand new format. Consistent results take overtime and energy on the instructor’s aspect.
When resolving to include tablets into your program or not, it’s key to plan your final goals and major stakeholders. Unanimous acceptance is crucial to create the new leadwork despite the doable downsides.
Tablets prepare students for the longer-term purpose, they provide confidence and creative tools unmatched by ancient schoolroom infrastructure, and that they have interaction those that region unit tiring to succeed in and encourage. Last however not least, they only facilitate our children and ourselves speak a similar language – that’s a hit you truly don’t need to spend.